To start us off, I had a look at Zooburst.
It allows you to create an online 'popup book' using text and pictures. Very easy to use; you can use pictures from the cliparts provided or upload your own. I was thinking maybe you could give learners a set of pictures to work from and create their own story ie an interpretive story or give them scope to search for their own but you can waste a lot of time there. You can really manipulate the pictures much on screen so not much scope for very sophisticated graphics:-)
The text for each page of the book probably needs to be quite short but at higher levels the challenges could be to write a pithy story in 6 lines for example.
The books can be embedded as I've done here in a post, in a blog or your wiki.
Here is my rather uninspired (visually) attempt to produce a popup story of the carpetfitter and the canary:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment