Thursday, 18 November 2010

aMap

Hi, I have just been into amap.org.uk and had a look around there. I was attracted to it as in my last position a large part of the course I taught covered debating. Amap is simple to use, it looks cool and the result is fun but I am unsure how it could represent both sides of an argument/debate. When you go into amap, you fill in the topic of your debate. I used the example of 'Should we have school uniforms'. You then fill in which position you are taking followed by your arguments which are separated into because... as... supported by... When you have put in your arguments/reasons it publishes your amap. Obviously it is only one side of the argument so I think this is great for helping students to get their arguments down and to structure them well so that they have strong arguments. However, I am unsure of what you are supposed to do with the final product. I saw there was an option to invite friends to your argument and was wondering if the friends could then add their side of the argument to the amap, this would be great if that could happen, almost like a virtual debate but I'm not sure if it does...sorry!!


Here is the amap I made...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this Lucy. I've shared this with a colleague who does a lot of argument mapping with his students.