I just had a go on one of the Web 2.0 tools called 'Novlet' which I think would appeal both young and adult learners. This website allows you to write your own story of any genre by writing a passage consisting of 2~3 paragraphs and anyone who is keen on keeping it going can simply add a bit of story to it. Also, you can just browse numerous stories written by other users.
I think this website can encourage a learner to try writing stories of different genres and moreover generate ideas to write about inspired by previous writers. In addition, the fact that anyone out there can be a potential audience will remind the learner to think about the accuracy of the writing.
I am not sure if this tool can be implemented directly in the classroom as it seems not possible to alow only a certain group of people to have an access to editing the story as co-authors. If not, it will be hard to have a complete piece of work done by learners only.
No comments:
Post a Comment