Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Learning Resources for children

Hi everybody,

I do agree with Aga that the idea of CMC is really interesting and challenging, and I will for sure use it with my students when I come back to Indonesia in the future. I do believe that my students will love the idea of learning English mediated by computer. I have totally different students from Aga, my students have been very much familiar with the computer and internet, so e-mail, blogs, facebook, and chat room have been a part of their day to day life, and probably they use them more often than I do. So, it think it will be really exciting and challenging to try this with my students.

By the way, since last week, I have been thinking of what to post in this blog, and as I see what other people have posted, I am so amazed that many interesting things have been posted here and I get more in doubt about what to post here. After thinking for sometime, I remember that there is a website, connected to onestopenglish.com, containing free resources for children including songs, games and flashcard, some links to other sites with tales, stories, and also articles. I used to use this website a lot to find materials for Children for my husband's English School and some articles for my work.

the link is
http://www.the-bus-stop.net

I don't know how to make the hyperlink ;-) so I just write the address. Hopefully it will work.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thanks Fitri - yes this is a useful resource.

When you create a new post, you get a small htm editor and there's a hyperlink icon on the toolbar.

You click on that and add the URL you want - I edited your message to do this for you:-)

When you add a comment you don't have this editor so need to use some html code.

Every time I try to demonstrate, this actually then shows up as a live link:-)


There are various basic reference pages online but try Basic htm tips

If you look about half way down, you see the code for Add Link. Note where you insert the URL and the page name.

BW
Diane