Thursday, 9 December 2010

The British Film Institute

The British Film Institute has a growing archive of old film clips. I recalled a download area of old back and white clips but can't find that now. But the ScreenOnline has access to some interesting footage. I wonder however if this is restricted to UK coverage?

But I also see that they have their own Youtube channel. Some creative thinking about use may be required but some interesting reminders of film history here.

Try 'Daisy Doodad's Dial' http://www.youtube.com/bfifilms#p/c/8E57BB312091E0F6/1/mneu7A3MVms for a possible 'script writing' activity:-)

Found this aswell if anyone is interested in comedy and silent movies http://www.btplc.com/BFI/broadband/Interface.html

Interesting that subtitles have been added and they seem to be 1-1 match with audio. As I watched I wondered if there was potential for vocabulary work out of that - I spotted some items that I am sure would get learners thinking and these could be noted; worked out in context because you can pause the clip. Though long overall, material nicely chunked. I see potential for some ESP settings

No comments: