Welcome to the blog for educ7006, a course unit within the Masters programmes at Manchester.
Wednesday, 28 April 2010
Embedding Wordles
When you publish a Wordle you can copy an embed code to add it to your posting. Could be useful when creating a teacher blog or indeed to get learners to share their clouds.
Just had my first go at embedding a Wordle in a post on my own page. The image was produced at a seminar I gave when I asked the participants to brainstorm what terms they associated with assessment.
Is there any way to make the embedded image appear in a higher resolution though? I tried enlarging it in my post but it lost its clarity when I did so.
Hi David This is one of the weaknesses I think. The embed picture is really like a thumbnail , essentially linking to the fuller size on the wordle site. I explored this with my undergrad group who have been doing an intercultural exchange this semester as they created wordles to initiate brainstorming around particular themes. They embedded in the wiki space but the workaround that some of them used was to take a screen grab and add that as an image, and that worked well. But there's the other limitation with blogger v wiki sites such as pbworks, which we use, - you can't upload files here, whereas you can to pbworks. I think you have a generous amount of space in fact. If you have your own blog software such as wordpress of course, you'd have more flexibility. But again an example of the different affordances to these open tools.
2 comments:
Hi Diane and everyone.
Just had my first go at embedding a Wordle in a post on my own page. The image was produced at a seminar I gave when I asked the participants to brainstorm what terms they associated with assessment.
Is there any way to make the embedded image appear in a higher resolution though? I tried enlarging it in my post but it lost its clarity when I did so.
Hi David
This is one of the weaknesses I think. The embed picture is really like a thumbnail , essentially linking to the fuller size on the wordle site.
I explored this with my undergrad group who have been doing an intercultural exchange this semester as they created wordles to initiate brainstorming around particular themes. They embedded in the wiki space but the workaround that some of them used was to take a screen grab and add that as an image, and that worked well. But there's the other limitation with blogger v wiki sites such as pbworks, which we use, - you can't upload files here, whereas you can to pbworks. I think you have a generous amount of space in fact. If you have your own blog software such as wordpress of course, you'd have more flexibility. But again an example of the different affordances to these open tools.
Post a Comment