I've had a quick look at this today. Eyeplorer is a graphic knowledge tool. I guess it's based on mindmapping principles but actively searches for associations with a concept. Try Web 2.0 as an example. You can drag facts you want to keep to a notepad. I think it looks amazing but have a few reservations about the fact that it seems to be so closely linked to wikipedia for definitions, but then you can search for related web documents, images, twitter content even. Anyway would be interested tp hear your thoughts
http://eyeplorer.com/show/
Diane
3 comments:
Just peeking in from educ7003 :)
I have been familiar with eyeplorer for some time now and I actually used it with my students. One feature I liked about it is that it searches as cross-reference. YOu just enter the first and second keywords in the above and below text boxes respectively and it automatically searches wikipedia as cross-reference. I sent them an email some time earlier that it would be great to include cross-reference searching of google scholar. The reply was that they will look into it. That was 6 months ago !!! :)
Cheers
Ammar
Great to see you pop by Ammar:-) Thanks for this. I was a little concerned that wikipedia was the first port of call though I think it's largely for definitions and you can browse further. But I liked the immediacy of the concept display and can see a lot of mileage for topic searches for perhaps EBL tasks.
There's also
http://www.conceptlinkage.org
which links in a more immediate mindmap visual. Haven't explored its ins and outs in full yet though.
Diane
HI Diane,
There are also numerous mindmaps with the possibility of collaboration. One mind map that is great for collaboration is mind42 ( http://mind42.com ). This mind map makes it possible for two or more to collaborate on the same mind map. Also, You can attach to each concept or idea in the mind map a wikipedia keyword search, a note , or a link. You also embed in your blog or just share the link with anyone. I just did one for educ 7006 with a search in Wikipedia on CMC and a link to educ7006 delicious. The link is http://mind42.com/pub/mindmap?mid=73b64547-c352-486a-a735-8ee55b62571d
You can also embed it in your blog post ( I don't think it is possible in the comment feature) with the iframe tag.
Well, I will get back now to my educ 7003 studies and moodling :)
See you in educ7005 Diane
Ammar
Post a Comment