Hi all
You can see that this blog was used by my distance learning class that ran last Spring. Instead of starting off a new blog, I thought it might be useful for you to read some of this content.
You can peruse the tags on the labels menu. There are various links to resources that you might like to explore and comment on.
To start off though, take a look at the first clip on the Video bar. This links to an increasingly well known YouTube clip about Web 2.0. Take a look and post any comments in reply to this message.
You'll see that I've tagged this message as Web 2.0. Any further comments or questions on Web 2.0 should be posted here. Otherwise start off a new message, and tag this in ways you see fit:-)
Looking forward to your postings
Diane
4 comments:
Hi
I just watched the video and thought it was interesting and thought-provoking but actually quite difficult to watch. Sometimes the text was so small, it all moved so quickly, and the music was really distracting and annoying. I paused the video to try and make it bigger on my screen, but I didn't manage it. I didn't want to switch it to 'mute' in case I missed something!
One interesting point is that my first experiences with the WWW were in the days when you really needed to be incredibly expert to actually post on the web - so much has changed now, but maybe my mindset hasn't changed sufficiently - I still see it as something you need a 'computer person' for! When I was involved in setting up a website, I wrote what I wanted in Word, then emailed it to someone who did what needed to be done and, lo and behold, there it was! If I needed any changes, I had to phone or email him, and he made the changes for me. I can't get my head round the idea that I can set up the equivalent of a website, and manage the whole thing myself, without learning masses and masses of complex new skills.
I've not quite got the hang of del.icio.us yet so I'm off to have another look.
Bye for now,
Julia
Hello there
There are some tutorial videos about bloging. I have seen some and they are quiet useful. We should learn a lot from this blog.
Many thanks.
Thanks Julia and Muhammad for starting us off:-)
On the viewing problem, Julia, that's an ninteresting comment and one I hadn't really taken acocunt of! A learning point for me.
When you add the video bar that links automatically to YouTube, the clip is displayed in the blog and you lose the controls you ornamly have in Youtube.
Just under the screen area is a link to the clip's URL. This takes you to Youtube and a much larger display http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE
The skills question is an interesting one and I like the fact you refer to your 'mindset':-) You may not be alone and this is what we refer to as teacher beliefs that act as a filter to many of the ideas and technologies we encounter. personally I feel we have to go with those beliefs to a certain extent, until we encounter something we see as having a strong enough potential to trigger the will to dig deeper into what makes it possible. I reckon you could get into setting up a blog and might be surprised at how straightforward a basic one can be.
Maybe others have experience to add ie the moment you stepped over the techie threshold to set something up for the first time?
Muhammad, maybe if you've come axcross good tutorials, could you post URLs here?
thanks again to both and look forward to thoughts from others
Diane
Hi
I'm new to blogging - so here I go. I've been browsing and exploring the content of the blog which I found interesting. Had a look at the YouTube clips but what I foung really helpful was a YouTube clip in the delicious links by Graham Stanley, an English teacher in Barcelona, talking about Web2.0 (blogs, wikis, podcasts) in language teaching and also possible future uses with Web3.0
Bye for now... Vincent
Post a Comment